Tuesday 20 January 2015

Reflection on first section of work

Organisation and time management-
I believe that I have kept to the schedule very well as I have kept to the time plan well as all of the required tasks were completed for the date set. However, I believe that if I'd have had more time to do the tasks then they may not have been as rushed and therefore I'd have been able to use a variety of resources to create the work to make it look more intriguing and interesting. Most of the work I have completed has been on Microsoft word which I then uploaded to scribd, this meant that the layout of the work was not as eye-catching or the layout was changed when uploaded/was not as easy to view. I prefer the pieces of work that I have completed more interesting websites such as my fashion/styling post where I used infogram. I will take this into mind when I complete the next section of work as I will try to use a wider variety of mediums to display my findings.
I also believe that if I'd have had more time I may have been more adventurous with my colour scheme/font choice as I would have spent more time researching available fonts and previously used colours within other magazines.

Research and planning-
I have learnt that a lot more research goes into creating a magazine than I first suspected. For example, I would not before have considered looking into the institution that would publish my magazine to check that it is suited for them or to look at the language used in other magazines to see what works and what doesn't. I have learnt that the language I use on my magazine is important to the type of audience I want to attract and the type of reputation I want to create for my magazine. I have adapted my magazine around the pieces of work that I have completed and the language analysis of other magazines will particularly help me when I come to write the article for my magazine.
On my preliminary magazine I used a layout for my contents page inspired by Mojo magazine where the text was featured around my model. I do not wish to replicate this for my actual music magazine as I feel it does not look very professional and clean. Instead I wish to use a simpler layout where my text is aligned in sections with bold headers and the use of colour to attract the audience compared to the images used and the position of.

Technology-
From my preliminary magazine I have found that I can work well with photoshop with using internet resources to help me locate tools and features to help me complete it to a professional standard. I believe that I have adjusted to photoshop well and have been able to complete all of the desired tasks I set out to do on my preliminary without much struggle.
On the other hand, I believe that I will need to put extra work into taking my photographs to ensure that they are to a professional standard so they do not bring down the standard of my magazine as they will be the main focal point. On my preliminary magazine I cut around the model but for my actual music magazine I wish to use a photograph with a white/plain background and position this underneath my masthead.

No comments:

Post a Comment