Thursday 29 January 2015

Flat plan of mock cover, contents and double page spread


 This is the type of layout that I want to use on my front cover. I think it is simple yet neat as everything is positioned in columns and around the image. The image is the main focal point which will highlight the artist as the main attraction but I have also used a pull quote to engage readers and make them want to buy the magazine to find out more.

I wanted the contents page to be informative yet neat so I have designed this with coloured rectangles that I will use to break up the different pieces of information. I am also going to include two extra images on my contents page of other artist's or stories featured in the magazine so it will attract other people that may not have been interested in the main story on the cover or are unsure on the artist as it will be a new/upcoming artist rather than a popular one. I have included contact details for social media and business on my cover page so that it is easy to get hold of my magazine and it will publicise things such as the website etc. where more information will be shared.

This is the layout I want my double page spread to take, I have decided to use two larger images at each side of my page and position my text around their outline. I am also going to use a large headline rather than having the artist's name largest as the artist's name may not be that well known but the header will interest people to want to find out more about her. I have used the design seen on the previous blog post to ensure the layout is harmonious and looks best to the eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment