Thursday 22 January 2015

Mock up magazine

I have created a mock up magazine in one hour and the images represent each separate layer I added to create the finished magazine. I decided to use a black and white image to make my magazine look more effective and professional, the image is a mid-shot so the artist stands out and acts as the centre of visual interest.


I decided to use Jukebox from the list of names to choose from as I felt it was the most effective and as it was a longer name I could position it across the top of my magazine. I chose 'Casper Open SF' as the font for my title as it stood out and the letters only had an outline rather than being bold meaning more of the image underneath was shown keeping it the focal point.


Next, I added a barcode, I was going to add my barcode sideways so that it did not take up much room on my magazine but I decided it would fit best as it was alongside my masthead.


I added the price, issue number and date above the barcode as they would fit well in this space and not distract from any of the other information.


Finally, I added the header at the bottom of the page. I decided to use 'Taylor goes to wonderland' as my heading as one of her well known songs is called 'Wonderland'. I used the font 'Cario SF' for this but if I had more time I would have changed this as I feel it does not fit with the rest of the magazine. I was going to use the same font as I used on my masthead but it did not stand out as well in front of the artist's white top so I had to use this font as I ran out of time. This would be one thing I would change if given more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment