Thursday 29 January 2015

Evaluating feedback-pitch

When I pitched my idea for my magazine to the class I received feedback and was asked questions to consider why I have decided to use the things I have or extra things I did not state in my pitch.

Will your magazine be published weekly or monthly, why?
I created a survey to ask more people within my target audience which they would prefer depending on a price they have previously selected. The results from that survey can be found here.

Is there any way of making it appeal to both genders as this would bring in a larger audience?
I have considered this point raised by one of my classmates but have decided to keep my magazine aimed at females as I believe my chosen style and the artists I will include will mean it is mainly females that will buy it. By making my magazine aimed at just the female gender it means I can only include features I believe they will be interested in and not be worried about making everything included gender neutral. However, it does not mean that no males will be included in my magazine as I believe it could still interest some males who are interested in the more mellow side of the indie genre which is what I am trying to convey with the artists I include/design of my cover etc.

How much will your magazine be sold at?
In my pitch I stated my magazine would be priced at £2.99 but I also included a question in my survey to ask more people within my target audience how much they would be prepared to pay for a magazine depending on whether it is monthly or weekly (as previously chosen). The results from that survey can be found here.

Why have you chosen to use 16-22 as your target audience?
I have chosen to use this age bracket as i believe the kind of artists featured in my magazines and the genre of it will be most attractive to these people. I have decided to keep the bottom end of this range at 16 rather than making it older as suggested as the price I had originally stated for this magazine was £2.99 which I believe is affordable for people aged 16. Also, the artists featured in my magazine and the genre of it would be people that these young people may idolize and so they would want to read my magazine to find out about them.

What artists will you be featuring in your magazine?
I want to include only artists that fit within my chosen genre and interest my target audience so I have included a question in my survey about this where they can choose from a range of artists to which they listen to/are interested in. The results from that survey can be found here.

Are there any other magazines you will be taking inspiration from?
I will be taking inspiration from dazed & confused and  clash as I like the way that both of these magazines have set out their cover pages using colour in the picture but minimum colour in the text.

No comments:

Post a Comment