Thursday 12 February 2015

Progressive changes that led to my finished draft magazine

During the making of my draft magazine I create multiple versions of my cover and double page spread. First I created the ones I had designed on my original flat plan and from there I adapted them until I had a design that I felt was suited to my genre, looked professional and I was happy with. The below designs are the ones that i started out with and the ones that i finished up with alongside my changed flat plans as a result of this development for my actual magazine cover page and double page spread.
This is the one I made originally from my flat plan, I did not like how the title overlapped the artist's face here and the bar code did fit well beside the masthead. Overall it looked unprofessional and unneat.

I developed the border around the image seen in my new flat plan here as I felt it displayed my masthead uniquely and attractively and separated the image as an important focal point away from everything else. However, I still did not like the quote as it overlapped the artist's top and did not stand out well.

This is the original double page spread I made from my flat plan and although I liked how the text was cut around my artist to fit on the page I felt it looked to plain and unprofessional. 
This is where I changed my design to include a whole image of the artist on one page and I preferred how this made my double page look. Also, I think the text together in one section looked more professional than the first where it was not in a set layout, however I then went onto input a picture to break up the large text area as it was too much. This can be seen on my new flat plan for my double page spread below.



Cover

Double page spread
My contents page worked successfully with only minor changes made from my original flat plan so this has stayed the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment