Friday 6 March 2015

Influencial style models

Cover:
I saw this magazine and it inspired me to use a border around my image for my front cover. I think it works really well at framing the image and i also like how the masthead is positioned on top of the border to show that it is the significant thing. I think the black border makes the cover look more professional and neat as it has an equal white margin around the outside. I want to maintain this look with my magazine but i will be adding a bar code and the artist's name within the border as well as my magazine name/image.
Contents page:
My contents page design was inspired by Loud and Quiet's which has a plain, neat style only using colour in the main headers which makes them stand out so they don't need to be larger. I will use a colour that runs throughout my magazine, most likely red as it this will be the strongest influential colour on my main page through the artist's lip colour. I also like how this contents page has only the artist's names as the page headers rather than having a lot of information about them. I feel this makes it look less crowded and more simple against the larger chunks of text. However, I do not like all of the information gathered at the bottom so I may choose to display this in a different way as well as putting more images as a focal point.
Double page spread:
This double page spread from vibe magazine has inspired my double page spread through the layout and the use of colour. I like how they have used a whole page for their photograph however I think I will display mine on the opposite side so it is not too overwhelming for the reader when they open it up to lots of information as seen in this example. I also like how they have used colour taken from the image within the article to highlight the key words of interest, e.g. within the header. I want to use this idea to show quotes and interesting points within my article so its more appealing for the reader. 

No comments:

Post a Comment